Thursday, December 27, 2012

Planning Day

I didn't get to do any quilting today, but I am planning my next project.  Hopefully tomorrow I will be able to start on it.  So here's the beginning of the story of Trinity's quilt.

I was with my Red Hat Ladies chapter on a trip up to Oak Glen for lunch and (of course) apple pie.  After lunch we browsed around some of the little shops in the area.  My favorite is a little gift shop that has a corner of quilting goodies.  I saw an adorable printed panel, mostly pink and green, with fairies, butterflies and flowers, and thought it would be perfect for baby Trinity, since her momma said she wanted pink and green for the baby.  The nice lady in the shop helped me figure out how much to buy for borders, backing, and binding, and I brought it all home (thanks to my sister's financial assistance).  It has already been sitting on my shelf for a couple of months while I focused on other projects.  BUT...no more excuses!  I am committing right here to get started on this project tomorrow!

First I need to measure the panel and then cut and attach the borders.  My goal is to get at least that much accomplished tomorrow...

Here's a quick pic of the fabric:


And no, this is NOT a cheater panel.  I prefer to call it a SMART panel.  No piecing, but lots of free motion quilting.  I really need the practice!

No comments:

Post a Comment